Why I've Stopped Watching Sunday Pinasaya

For the past three weeks I have skipped watching Sunday Pinasaya--in a long time in my recent memory I've intentionally missed Julie Anne San Jose's show. I keep up with the program through social media and if there is a singing prod or other noteworthy segment regarding Julie then I just check it out on YouTube-- but watching two and a half hour of Sunday noontime tv (make that 18 plus hours of Jose,Wally, Alden weeklong television) to wait for Julie's two minute appearance is just not very appealing at the moment.

For the past weeks Sunday Pinasaya has been a can-miss tv for me. Other than Julie's sporadic musical numbers there's really nothing I look forward watching on the show right now.

I blame it mostly on the cast expansion. When SPS decided to add more people on the show I knew its not a good idea because the show is not that broad. Making the original hosts relevant in five or six segments for two and a half-hour is already a struggle, what the powers that be think was going to happened with twice the number of stars, not even counting the guests who also appears on the show regularly

I think the addition of more people on the show has weakened the exposure of some of its original casts, but particulary Julie's exposure on television for she's only seen once a week.

Julie is an incredibly talented artist and performer but continuously being saddled with poor management and questionable career pathing.

I personally believe Sunday Pinasaya has hurt Julie's credibility as one of GMA's top talent furthermore as a legitimate music artist. Seeing Julie doing comedy is cute and I prefer seeing that in Pepito Manaloto where the writing is good. But as the Pop Sweetheart she shouldn't be doing too much novelty. Could you imagine Sarah Geronimo having gag shows with Bayani Agbayani and Bentong during the early parts of her career? There's a reason why her management put her in a concert tv like ASAP not in an atrocious Yes Yes Show.

Remember when Julie was singing in world class production numbers on Party Pilipinas with Regine Velasquez, Rachelle Ann Go, Kyla, and other real singers? She came off as much more of a top music artist then than she does now. Julie's diamond record award now seems like just a distant memory.

I still believe Julie should be given her own singing show or maybe another stage where she can showcase her music talent much like in MARIAN before. Unfortunately, It doesn't seem like it will be happening anytime soon as GMA's next musical variety show will be a rip-off of the already dragging Sunday Pinasaya featuring impersonators from the defunct Superstar Duets. As its still virtually uncertain whatever GMA is planning for her music career.

Hopefully, her series Pinulot Ka Lang Sa Lupa should fill Julie's screen time shortage. On the bad side of things that gives Sunday Pinasaya even more reason to feature her even lesser which means my Sundays will remain SPS-Free for now.

Popular posts from this blog

7 Times GMA Ruined Their Own Creation

Maging Sino Ka Man Failing In The Rating Race

I Was Right About Louise Delos Reyes