GMA 65 Years And Moving Backwards

GMA kicked off it's 65th anniversary celebration on it's flagship vareity show Sunday AllStars, and my initial response to it is "Are You Kidding Me?"

Obviously, the people running the Kapuso network had it to suffice itself against ASAP's 20th anniversary special. Of course the idea was childish and does no favor for GMA other make them look more inferior and frustrated, considering how crap of a show Sunday AllStars have been that fans are making jokes out of it and that GMA Network has been in decline for some time now.

A sharp, steady decline is indicative of uncorrected behaviours and stubborn refusal to listen to your audience.

A good portion of this downward spiral can and should be blamed on how out of touch the network has allowed itself to become with today's youth and their pop-culture/social interests.

In the past having an ear to the ground has helped GMA stay current and produce entertainment that seemed to speak convincingly to its loyal fan base.

But that is change in GMA, which seems to be more determined than ever to disregard and ignore its supporters and what it cares about.

I am sorry on behalf of GMA fans that are too young to recall a time when the network would not blatantly slap you in the face with a poorly put together tv show like Sunday AllStars that utterly insulted your intelligence.

Its even bad enough that GMA are too lazy and uncreative to put up a special for its own anniversary like what it used to do.

We're a long way from the 90's when I enjoyed GMA TeleSine and not even close to the early 2000 when reality shows and fantaseryes are revolutionizing primetime, and younger stars are on the rise.

What's left for us today are koreanovelas and tagalized movies played over and over again.

I feel that there is a notable shortage of quality programs I grew up with. That the organic and spontaneous nature of GMA is gone.

GMA's magic was wanning years ago and as days gone by I am getting least and least interested in tuning in to the network I have watched eversince I learned to watch a television.

I mean, is there anything that would get me excited about GMA as it goes to its 66th year? Dingdong will probably hold the primetime till their 80th anniversary and Sunday AllStars will make us a hundred years older by then.

The cold fact of a matter is GMA would be way better off without the meddling of an out of touch entertainment head.

So what say you GMA fans: Would the company benefit if the person in-charge of their entertainment department and her ilk stepped aside once and for all? Or is GMA in an irreversible decline?

I’d love your honest opinion as to whether or not I’m off the mark and what YOU feel the real problem is. I’m not Lilybeth Rasonable that I promise I’ll listen to your opinion—especially concerning whether or not there’s any corner of GMA worth re-familiarizing myself with.

Popular posts from this blog

7 Times GMA Ruined Their Own Creation

Maging Sino Ka Man Failing In The Rating Race

I Was Right About Louise Delos Reyes